Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Garconne

Louise Brooks
Oil on Canvas
7x5"
$100

     I have recently been fascinated by limited palette and have examined several. For this painting I used the most limited I found: ultramarine blue, alizarin permanent, and yellow ochre (and white, of course).
     I am so amazed by the unity and range of color. I struggled with the painting and the process went haltingly, but I am pleased and eager to try another soon. 
     As for Louise Brooks, she is very cute with her bob, little bitty straight eyebrows, and pouty lipstick. They called the look Garconne. Louise is from the 20's, an earlier period than I usually use, but I like her very much. 
     The image from the internet that I used was not good resolution. She was a little out of focus. Maybe that is just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment